It’s almost fall y’all! I am addicted to all things fall.. The decorations, HALLOWEEN (Obsessed), pumpkins, the weather, the feeling, the food, the movies..
And now that a lot of foods are going out of season I decided to pick up some hatch green chiles from Sprouts last week since they had them for such a fantastic price. I looked around online for quite awhile and found tons of recipes that had tons of crappy ingredients in them (butter, milk, sugar (Why?!), etc.) I decided to just WING it!
The result was AMAZING. Give it a try and let me know what you think! 🙂
Simplykaraliz’ Paleo Green Chili
1 lbs of Shredded Pork or Any meat of your choice (Mine was leftovers from Crockpot Pork I made)
7 Hatch Green Chilis
2 1/2 cups Organic Chicken Stock
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
Juice from 1 lime
4 tbsp Garlic Cloves, minced
1/2 Cilantro, half bunch
1 can of diced green chilies
Handful / Or 1 Full Jalapeño
2 tbsp Cumin
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tbsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp Sea Salt
- In a large pot, melt your coconut oil and add your diced onions and minced garlic. Cook until your onions are brown.
- Add the cumin, paprika and black pepper to the mixture and combine.
- Add your chicken broth and meat, bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and allow to simmer.
- Cut up your chilis and peppers (if applicable) and throw into pan. Cook them until blackened.
- Put chilis, jalapeños, juice from your lime and cilantro into the blender to desired consistency (I like mine smooth but a little bit chunky)
- Add your blend and your can of diced green chilis to the pot and allow to simmer for 1 hour.
(Anymore time will make it really dry, can add more broth at any point if needed)