Was recently asked what my favorite paleo meal is. I would say 100% it’s my homemade green chili and gluten-free rolls.. Try them for yourself!
Simplykaraliz’ Paleo Green Chili
1 lbs of Shredded Pork or Any meat of your choice (Mine was leftovers from Crockpot Pork I made)
7 Hatch Green Chilis
2 1/2 cups Organic Chicken Stock
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
Juice from 1 lime
4 tbsp Garlic Cloves, minced
1/2 Cilantro, half bunch
1 can of diced green chilies
Handful / Or 1 Full Jalapeño
2 tbsp Cumin
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tbsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp Sea Salt
- In a large pot, melt your coconut oil and add your diced onions and minced garlic. Cook until your onions are brown.
- Add the cumin, paprika and black pepper to the mixture and combine.
- Add your chicken broth and meat, bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and allow to simmer.
- Cut up your chilis and peppers (if applicable) and throw into pan. Cook them until blackened.
- Put chilis, jalapeños, juice from your lime and cilantro into the blender to desired consistency (I like mine smooth but a little bit chunky)
- Add your blend and your can of diced green chilis to the pot and allow to simmer for 1 hour.
(Anymore time will make it really dry, can add more broth at any point if needed)
Chebe Bread – Rolls
- Chebe Focaccia Bread Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Almond Milk
Follow directions on the box – However, if you want the rolls: Oil a muffin pan and place pieces of the batter in the bottom of each muffin tin and spread till it fills the bottom. And bake for 25 minutes at 375°F.