There’s a rough cold that’s tearing through our house right now that’s affecting my step-daughter and I a ton. And one savior for our rough sore throats is my Ginger Tea.
I’ve made this stuff for years but until I had children I never realized how quickly it works! I know there’s a ton of people out there with a distaste for ginger like my Husband but this stuff is actually really GOOD and works like a CHARM!
Magical Ginger Tea
1. I use about 1 smallish ginger root per cup of tea. Grate until finely minced (I like mine STRONG so it clears the sore throat and upset tummy! You can switch to 1/2 root per cup if you’d like 🙂 )
2. I usually use the mug I’m using to measure out the amount of water I need and then pour it into a mini-pot.
3. Get the water boiling and throw in the ginger root. Allow the ginger root to steep for around 4-5 minutes. Then strain into mug (The finer the better so you don’t get chunks of ginger in there.. Even though I like mine like that 😉 )
4. Add honey, a little lemon slice (Optional 😉 ) and stir – Drink as soon as temp is tolerable. The warmer the tea the better it feels on your throat!
5. Enjoy!! It’s delicious, good for you AND helpful for some of those pesky cold symptoms.