Y’all – These holiday treats have been crushing me. I love pecan pie more than the next guy but I’ve got no self control lately! I’ve been having to take some heartburn relief lately but had trouble finding one that actually worked that didn’t have crummy ingredients. Thankfully found Boiron! They had a wide range of comfort tablets that have been a lifesaver.
Heartburn relief for me and gas/bowel tablets for my Father in law who has been happily eating all of the holiday treats I bake 😉 Alongside the Boiron tablets I’ve been trying to make my comfort foods a little less.. Comfort-y 😉 Sharing my paleo green chili recipe. This healthy recipe helps with all of those digestive issues and is delicious but happy I had Boiron – I’m sure I’ll need it again for Christmas 😉
Simplykaraliz’ Paleo Green Chili
- 1 lbs of Shredded Pork or Any meat of your choice (Mine was leftovers from Crockpot Pork I made)
- 7 Hatch Green Chilis
- 2 1/2 cups Organic Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 4 tbsp Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 Cilantro, half bunch
- 1 can of diced green chilies
- Handful / Or 1 Full Jalapeño
- 2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- In a large pot, melt your coconut oil and add your diced onions and minced garlic. Cook until your onions are brown.
- Add the cumin, paprika and black pepper to the mixture and combine.
- Add your chicken broth and meat, bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and allow to simmer.
- Cut up your chilis and peppers (if applicable) and throw into pan. Cook them until blackened.
- Put chilis, jalapeños, juice from your lime and cilantro into the blender to desired consistency (I like mine smooth but a little bit chunky)
- Add your blend and your can of diced green chilis to the pot and allow to simmer for 1 hour.
(Anymore time will make it really dry, can add more broth at any point if needed)
Chebe Bread – Rolls
- Chebe Focaccia Bread Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Almond Milk
Follow directions on the box – However, if you want the rolls: Oil a muffin pan and place pieces of the batter in the bottom of each muffin tin and spread till it fills the bottom. And bake for 25 minutes at 375°F.
(I was compensated for this post, all opinions are my own)