Flower Child – a restaurant that serves made-to-order, healthy food in a fast-casual setting – is opening on Wednesday, August 22 in Boulder at 2580 Arapahoe Avenue! The restaurant offers conveniently nutritious and delicious dishes, including salads, hummus, soups, plates, bowls, wraps and a kids menu in a light and airy environment with modern bohemian decor. Flower Child is celebrating its opening by donating a portion of proceeds from grand opening day to local non-profit Boulder Food Rescue and providing several local-inspired giveaways for its first customers.
“Our mission at Flower Child is to provide healthy food for a happy world, and to us, that starts at the community-level where our restaurants are located,” said Sam Fox, Founder of Fox Restaurant Concepts. “We’re excited to be in Boulder and support locals’ active lifestyles with our nutritious menu. Similarly, our partnership with Boulder Food Rescue is a natural fit as they are focused on a less wasteful food system and providing healthy food options to low-income individuals.”
To invite guests in on opening day, Flower Child will be hosting several giveaways on August 22 including:
● Handing out complimentary flower bouquets from Boulder Gardens Florist to 300 lucky guests
● Distributing flower seed lollipops from Amborella Organics. Eat the lollipop and plant the stick in your garden for a flower or herb surprise!
● Sampling Rowdy Mermaid Kombucha throughout the day, which is available on tap daily at the store
Flower Child features vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free menu items. Guests also have the option to add all-natural chicken, sustainable salmon, grass-fed steak and organic non-GMO tofu to their meal. The menu is divided into six categories including: Salads, Hummus & Soups, Plates, Bowls, Whole Grain Wraps and a Healthy Kids menu. Guests can order organic juices, organic cold brew on tap, coffee, seasonal lemonades, organic wine, local beer or signature kombucha on tap. Each menu item is made-to-order, fresh from scratch in a full-service kitchen.
Some signature dishes include:
● Skinny Cobb Salad – romaine, arugula, red cabbage, avocado, tomato, cucumber, crunchy corn, pickled onion, smoked almond, gorgonzola vinaigrette
● Mother Earth Bowl – ancient grains, sweet potato, portobello mushroom, avocado, cucumber, broccoli pesto, charred onions, leafy greens, red pepper miso vinaigrette, hemp seed
● Vegan Poke – marinated beet, avocado, pickled mushroom, cucumber, radish, wasabi pea, smoked dulse, brown rice, spicy ponzu
● The Rebel Wrap – grass-fed steak, charred onion, port salut cheese, arugula, horseradish yogurt
The restaurant space seats 68 and includes decorative tile, painted brick, bright stone tables, and greenery throughout. A large mural is painted on the outside wall of the restaurant next to the patio, which seats 28 customers.
For opening day, Flower Child has partnered with Boulder Food Rescue (BFR). The non-profit organization’s goal is to create a more just and less wasteful food system. BFR facilitates the sustainable redistribution of healthy food to agencies who service low-income individuals and participatory No-Cost grocery programs.
To further celebrate its opening, the restaurant is hosting a lemonade stand on Saturday, August 25 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. outside of McGuckin Hardware, giving away free lemonade samples and Flower Child swag. McGuckin Hardware is located at 2525 Arapahoe Ave. in Boulder.
Flower Child will be open for lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. The restaurant is located at 2580 Arapahoe Avenue in Boulder, Colo.
For more information visit http://www.iamaflowerchild.com, follow them on Instagram @eatflowerchild and like them on facebook.com/eatflowerchild.