There’s a rough cold that’s tearing through our house right now that’s affecting my step-daughter and I a ton. And one savior for our rough sore throats is my Ginger Tea.
I’ve made this stuff for years but until I had children I never realized how quickly it works! I know there’s a ton of people out there with a distaste for ginger like my Husband but this stuff is actually really GOOD and works like a CHARM!
Magical Ginger Tea
1. I use about 1 smallish ginger root per cup of tea. Grate until finely minced (I like mine STRONG so it clears the sore throat and upset tummy! You can switch to 1/2 root per cup if you’d like 🙂 )
2. I usually use the mug I’m using to measure out the amount of water I need and then pour it into a mini-pot.
3. Get the water boiling and throw in the ginger root. Allow the ginger root to steep for around 4-5 minutes. Then strain into mug (The finer the better so you don’t get chunks of ginger in there.. Even though I like mine like that 😉 )
4. Add honey, a little lemon slice (Optional 😉 ) and stir – Drink as soon as temp is tolerable. The warmer the tea the better it feels on your throat!
5. Enjoy!! It’s delicious, good for you AND helpful for some of those pesky cold symptoms.
Well, I’ve been getting regular massages (Every 2 weeks) from Bodhi Body and am continuing to see wonderful progress in my overall well being. Being a parent in general is exhausting so it does feel wonderful to get the pampering – But it goes so much farther than that.
When I went recently by myself, I had Zach who is an amazing massage therapist and was able to feel I had a little weakness in my left arm (I’m having a rough go with my nerve damage) but he was able to work it enough that I haven’t had ANY problems whatsoever! Nerve damage really wrecks havoc on my life as a Mommy and writer so it’s nice to know that I can get legitimate healing from massage and that I can see significant progress in how often I have the damage coming back.
My Husband has also been having some shoulder pain from work so I surprised him with a romantic couples massage with their therapists Tonya and Garrett. They were both wonderful and my Husband left feeling completely at ease and pain free!
They also started giving their customers gift bags that contain a gorgeous smelling candle that can be used as massage oil (And they’ll refill it once it’s all gone! How cool is that?!)
I don’t think it’s a mystery on how much I love this place. It’s helping me in so many different ways and I couldn’t imagine going without my bi-weekly massages now!
Use my code SIMPLY when booking online for a FREE 30 minute massage!
(I was compensated for this post, all opinions are my own)